An essay outline is a structure, a barebone view of upcoming work. It is one of the most useful preparatory tool, which allows you to organize main thoughts into single segments. To figure out the order in which information must be prepared.
For example, usually, most academic essays are written in 5 paragraphs style, so it will contain 15-20 of the main points that will be addressed within your work. As a scholarly writer, you should use those points to construct a logical and coherent flow of ideas, from one to another and strengthen your overall argument.
- Marijuana's legalization controversy.
- Brief history of the plant and its impact on society.
- Thesis Statement Example: Research has proven that although there are many pro’s and con’s on the governmental control of this product, societies cost-benefit analysis leads to its legalization.
Body Paragraph 1
- Topic sentence that explains pros of legalizing marijuana.
- Medicinal use for Parkinson's Disease and Terminally Ill patients.
- Can reduce spending related to the war on drugs.
- Statistics from Article X prove that point 2 is an overall beneficial idea
- Statistics from Article Y show that point 3 has validity and will save “$100,000,000” (fictional number) towards border protection.
- Concluding statement about how some of the pros can bring positive draconian changes to many aspects of society.
Body Paragraph 2
- Topic sentence that explains cons of legalizing marijuana.
- Subconsciously promotes a culture of laziness towards youth because of “sloth-like stoner stereotype”
- Increase sense awareness risks such as DUI’s and Work-Related Disciplinary Actions
- Based on article X, over 70% of the adult population in the State of Pennsylvania believe that the legalization of marijuana will bring out lower work production from a large percentage of students.
- Article Z shows us DUI’s have increased 2x in states where marijuana is legalized.
- Concluding statement explaining the harmful side effects that occur from this drug's legalization.
Body Paragraph 3
- Topic sentence is expressing that the cost-benefit analysis brings about a result in favor of the drug’s legalization.
- Though DUI’s and Disciplinary actions may increase, A country's national security will be able to invest more into other more important internal issues such as violence and human trafficking.
- Present evidence for point 2: (Elimination of Gang Lords, Weed Related Crimes, etc.)
- Though the lazy stoner “vibe” is present, statistics presented from Article J show that marijuana intoxication boosted creativity and ideas that were revolutionary in today's society.
- Present Evidence for Point 4 (Research studies, correlation effect, etc.)
- Concluding Statement about how Pros outweigh Cons logically proving the overall point that legalization is a beneficial idea.
- Restatement of thesis: As shown through the evidence presented prior, Marijuana’s legalization will add to society’s success a lot more than to its failures.
- Restate Pro’s of marijuana legalization
- Restate Con’s of marijuana legalization
- Restate Cost-Benefit Analysis Result.
- The legalization will bring about many changes to society; some positive and some negative. Though this topic has been debated for a long time, overall research suggests that immediate governmental change is mandatory and to an overall healthier and happier society.